Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Russian at Wal Mart

Just a quick snippet of a story I love.


 I got sick on Christmas Eve and I was robbed.  My mother cooked an entire pound of bacon for something and I couldn't smell a thing.  The smell actually woke my brother in law sleeping in the back of the house.  Who needs Maxwell House when there's bacon, right?  Yeah, I didn't even know it was being cooked until he came in.

Anyway, it got worse the day after Christmas. Had a one hundred degree fever and had to get meds.  So, I had  to take my sick and feverish self, much to my dismay, to the local Wal Mart that is absolutely dreadful.  I mean, you go there -- even in summer, at 3 am -- and you have to wait in line for an hour, so you can imagine the wait time I was expecting. Nevertheless, on my way in, I asked under my breath for the Lord to use this in some way, and I never expected this.




So, its my turn to pickup.  I ask for my meds.  Ammoxicillan.  The woman working behind the counter then timidly asks, "Do you go to Prestonwood?"  Now, I certainly didn't expect this.  I replied that I was involved there, and let me tell you: this woman forgot about everyone else, reached over that counter and hugged me like there was no tomorrow.  Wouldn't let me go.  She cried. I cried. She cried some more. People around us getting antsy at all this emotion at the pharmacy in Wal Mart.  I mean, this went on so long I was afraid she was going to get in trouble!

She went on to explain how my video has given her hope as a mother of a hurting son.  That was awesome, and I think when the idea to blog resurfaced, because this was one of those moments I really didn't want to forget to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment